Pastoral Healthcare Network Australia
WHAT IS PHNA?
Pastoral Healthcare Network Australiais a not for profit Health Promotion Charity organization servicing congregations and parishes, community groups, agencies and individuals with education and resources and working together to promote an understanding of the relationship between faith and health among their members and the wider community. PHNA is a deductible gift recipient.
WHAT SERVICE DOES PHNA PROVIDE?
Information forums & training for nurses, Drs, clergy, pastoral staff and any person interested in holistic health care which focuses the integration of faith and health and facilitating a supportive network within the congregation.
HOW CAN I ACCESS MORE INFORMATION?
PHNA offers two levels of membership, one as Congregational Partners in Parish Health Ministry education or as individuals in a membership, known as ‘Friends of PHNA
WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION?
A three hour information Forum can be provided in your faith community which will cover the key elements of Parish / Congregational Health Ministry and getting started.
TYPICAL INFORMATION FORUM AGENDA -
1. Why is the church involved in Disease prevention, Health & Healing
2. What is PNM
3. The Role of the Parish nurse
4. The Role of PHNA
5. Moving Forward - Next Steps
What are the benefits of working with PHNA?
The benefits of partnering with Pastoral Healthcare Network include:
- Initial and ongoing education, support and consultation for Parish Nurses, Health Cabinets, Clergy, congregations and agencies.
- Ongoing resource
- Ongoing evaluations (upon request)
- Advocacy for Parish Nurses
- Regular communication through 'The PHNA ' Newsletter
- Information forums held in strategic locations to assist congregations Beginning the initial steps in developing a health care ministry.
- Retreats for Parish Nurses
- Workshops for clergy and health cabinets
- On-site visits in partner congregations giving evidence of our oneness in Christ by working and ministering together on an inter Church basis